Tips to Stop Jumping
Its best to start teaching your puppy not to jump as young as possible. Here are some tips to do so.
Puppy Jumping Do's
Before the puppy gets any attention from you the puppy must be:
- Lying down
- Sitting down
- Ignore bad behavior and walk away or turn your back on puppies that are jumping up.
- Be consistent.
- If puppy insists on jumping up block the jump by forming a wall with your hands and say the command “OFF”.
- Praise puppy when he refrains from jumping.
- Get down to his level to give affection and attention.
- Inform guests of your training methods and let them know not to allow jumping behavior ask your guest to directly ignore the puppy when they arrive.
Puppy Jumping Don'ts
- Do not allow the pup to jump up.
- Do not pet, talk, cuddle or reward him for jumping.
- Do not give in!
- Do not allow other people to let him jump on them.
- Do not give up!